What are Canvas Quizzes and how do I use them?
What It Is:
The Quizzes tool can be used to create assessments, practice quizzes, and surveys.
Why It's Awesome:
- Variety of question types - all objective type question are automatically graded.
- Randomize answers to help protect Quiz security.
- Moderate Quiz panel allows an instructor to see the length of time each student spent, as well as give additional time and/or attempts.
- Quiz Statistics allow the instructor to see at a glance key data about the quiz, as well as each individual question, and student performance levels.
- Provide specific correct and incorrect feedback for each answer option, as well as the ability to provide general feedback for each question.
- Control what students see - instructor decides when quizzes open and close, time allowance, and what students can see after the quiz is submitted.
Ways to Make It More Awesome:
- Doesn't have to be text-based. Create audio/video questions and allow students to respond in audio or video.
- Use them beyond the idea of a "quiz." Everything from exit tickets, to homework, to tests and exams can be created with the tool.
- Because of the data analysis done with the Quiz Statistics, provides a quick and easy way to provide data-driven instruction.
- Import Questions from QTI files. Canvas accepts questions in a QTI file format from other LMSs, from book publishers, and from external tools such as Respondus.
Explore these Canvas Guides for more info:
How do I import Quizzes from QTI Packages?
Was this helpful? 0 0