How can I learn about managing Canvas Assignments?
What It Is:
Create a graded assignment to enable student to submit work and automatically add a column to the grade book.
Conversely...if you want a column in the grade book, you have to create an assignment and publish it.
Why It's Awesome:
- All about the Settings: edit the assignment settings to meet your needs
- Use the "On Paper" or "No Submission" to enter grades for classroom work. Use this if you do not need students to submit anything online but want to maintain a grade book in Canvas.
- Have students submit work "online" or even to "external tools" such as Turnitin. Students can type their answers, upload files, create/upload audio/video submissions etc.
- Populates Calendar/sends Notifications: by setting a due date to an assignment, this due date will automatically show up in the Syllabus, Calendar and on the "To-Do" list on the Home Page.
Ways to Make It More Awesome:
- Restrict file types in online submissions to streamline file submission types that students can attach.
- Accept multimedia assignments by enabling media submission type.
- Add a rubric for clear student expectations and easy grading.
- GoogleDrive/OneDrive Cloud assignments options (if enabled by your institution.)
- Easily duplicate Assignments from the vertical three dots options menu in Module view.
- Engage students in collaboration with Peer Review assignments.
Want more? Explore these Canvas Guides for more info:
How do I add details to an assignment?
How do I create an online assignment?
How do I automatically assign peer reviews for an assignment?
Was this helpful? 0 0